The Microscopy Imaging Centre (MIC) of the University of Bern is an inter - faculty network for microscopy, involving members from many different institutions within the medical, VetSuisse and natural sciences faculties.
The MIC is the central contact point for high-end microcopy in Life Sciences for the entire University of Bern. It provides and organizes the access to high-end microscopes and coordinates new investments in microscopy.
- Local position and maintenance of microscopes: highly specific knowledge on-site
- Central access coordination to high-end microscopic techniques and consolidation of cutting edge microscopy knowledge.
Access to microscopes is irrespective of being member of the MIC!
The MIC provides:
(According to the mandate ("Leistungsauftrag") of the University Board)
- State-of-the-art supply in high-end microscopy
- Methodological support in image analysis and sample preparation
- Usage optimization of available resources
- Comprehensive teaching modules in cutting edge microscopy (lectures and practicals)
- Quality assurance through standardization of processes
- Unifying of microscopy tariffs
- Public relations intending to position the MIC as the competence center in high-end microscopy
- Promotion of knowledge exchange within and outside the University of Bern
- Improvement of the viability research projects with respect to financial application
- Yearly MIC Symposium with national and international attendance of experts in the field of microscopy