MIC Symposium 2023: New Trends in Microscopy
Friday, 2023/11/17, 09:30
|Event organizer:||Microscopy Imaging Center|
|Speaker:||Scientific committee: Kerry Woods, Deborah Stroka, Thomas Nevian|
|Time:||09:30 - 17:00|
lecture hall S003|
|Registration:||Register here (Registration closed)|
open to the public|
free of charge
New Trends in Microscopy
Program of the MIC Symposium 2023
The annual MIC Symposium will take place on 17 November 2023. The program will be updated within the next weeks.
The MIC Symposium is free of charge for all members of academic institutes. A fee of CHF 180.00 will be charged for participants from the industry.
Microscopy technology is moving fast, and in this symposium we will cover some of the recent trends, spanning different scales and perspectives. This will range from the latest in super resolution (MINFLUX and MINSTED nanoscopy) and expansion microscopy, to the development of the Mesolens, a giant microscope objective that allows full 3D recording of many thousands of cells in larger samples. We will also dive into spatial omics technology to find out about the integration of next generation sequencing and high-level multiplexing with tissue imaging, with examples of spatial transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics. Finally, we’ll hear about the latest developments in in vivo miniscope imaging in freely moving animals.
- Gail McConnell, University of Strathclyde Glasgow
- Mojgan Masoodi, University Hospital Bern
- Stefan W. Hell, Max Planck Institute Göttingen
- Daniel Schulz, University of Zurich
- Paul Guichard, University of Geneva
- Thomas Nevian, University of Bern
- Abberior Instruments GmbH
- Nikon Europe B.V.
- Chip Nano Imaging AS
- Interherence GmbH
- Leica Microsystems (Schweiz) AG
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Prospective Instruments LK OG
- Hamamatsu Photonics France - Swiss Office
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Omicron-Laserage Laserprodukte GmbH
- Evident Europe GmbH
- Rapp Opto Electronic GmbH